30 October 2012

Putu Piring Larkin Dan Kuih Muih
across the causeway
visited 20 October 2012



It has been a crazy day. Early in the morning, we stormed to Haw Yi to try out the dim sum, followed by the Trengannu Fish at Triple One, and after some moments of driving aimlessly, we popped over to Volkswagen JB to check out the cars. Thereafter, we decided to head over to Aeon Tebrau, and enroute I spotted a waypoint showing up on Garmin "Putu Piring". Hmm, seems nearby, maybe can swing over!

I must say, this has been one of the best Putu Piring I've tried so far. (this is different from the Chinese version of Kueh Tutu.) Previously, I thought Putu Piring  = Kueh Tutu but only to realise that they are different! I have always been a fan of Kueh Tutu but this particularly Putu Piring is good enough to be in my "to eat list".

As you can see from the above pic, there is a generous serving of gula melaka which is spread across the entire putu piring so you will get it at every bite! Needless to say, I finished almost the entire packet..... Other types of "Kuehs" are sold as well which I hope to try them the next time round!

Above: Across the street of the "putu piring stall"


Above: the signage outside the family home which you can drive-thru

Above: more putu piring in the making!

Fortunately, we did not have to wait long - we took the only freshly-made packet available on the table!
It was 10 in a packet for 4rm. What a deal! (5 for 2rm)


Where: This is located at a family home located along Jaan Langkasuka (near the T-junction of Jalan Langkasuka and Jalan Chenderwaseh). And you can drive-thru! Next to it is another family house selling Nasi Padang which I didn't get to try as I was simply too FULL already.

Hours: 12pm - 6pm (closed on Sun)

Note(s): Halal

No comments: